Monday, February 23, 2009

A Jacqueline Woodson Kick

Hi There! I finally got myself to blog again. It's been a busy time lately, but I still got in three books this past week.

Two of them were by the wonderful writer, Jacqueline Woodson. Feathers - her 2009 Newbery Honor Book - and Peace, Locomotion - which is a sequel to the Coretta Scott King Author Honor Award book, Locomotion.

I truly enjoyed reading both of them, but having a penchat for poetry, the Locomotion books really got to me. The story is told through the poetry and letter writing of the main character, Lonnie Motion.

My other read was the next YA-YA novel, Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan. Awesome book! A couple of the YAs have already read it and really liked it. I can see why! As always, I look forward to our discussion of it.

Until next time!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment