Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Reading, Eclipse and Other Things


The lengths I will go to get kids to read!

Whew! Finally a moment to blog a hi to everyone this summer. Summer reading always does this to me, but I would rather be overwhelmed with all the readers than have NOTHING to do! (That's a joke!)

Summer reading has been going very well and I truly appreciate all those who have attended the events and reported time reading. We only have three more weeks to go. Can you believe it?

This week is exciting as we have the teen program Thursday evening at 6:30 pm (until 9 pm) and then the ice cream social on Friday with NC Cooperative Extension for everyone.

And what kind of SPLASH would this be if we didn't have a pirate day? Tomorrow's preschool program will be just that. I will wear my pirate best and hope all the young ones will, too!

For you Twihards, have you seen Eclipse yet? AWESOME! I have not been one to criticize any of the movies so far, but I would love to hear your comments - good or bad.

If you haven't seen Eclipse yet, I MUST recommend that you read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer first. It really clarifies some of the additions that David Slade (the director) made. And it is a fantastic read - at least for those in the KNOW!

I am getting stoked about the upcoming school year and getting YAYA and TPH up and running again. What poetic or artistic offerings will you bring to the table, TPHers? Have any of you YAYAs read an amazing book this summer? I cannot wait to hear and see! I should be getting the dates finalized soon and will let everyone know.

Have a great evening!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment