Monday, October 2, 2017

Digital Storytime at Alexander County Library

Click here for Ms. Mel's Wide Mouth Frog

During the week of October 2 - 6, 2017 at Alexander County Library, I added a digital component during Storytime. Hopefully, the children and their caregivers enjoyed my retelling of the Wide Mouth Frog. It was a little book I wrote that former Teen Poetry Happens participant and YAYA, Jessica Ferretiz, illustrated for her senior project.  Our Storytime theme was THE SKY IS THE LIMIT. The little frog definitely flies around (and yes, that's a double entendre!!).

Patrons brought digital devices- such as an iPad, tablet, cell phone - to hook up to the library's wifi. They were able to participate as we told the story by pointing to words with their child. There were library tablets that could be used as well as my projection of the story on the wall.

Here are some photos of each Storytime.  I plan to do a digital storytime at least once a month.  The next digital series week will be on Tuesday, November 28 and Friday, December 1 when we have I LOVE SUPERHEROES as our theme. Hope to see you and your little one at Storytime!






Many thanks to all who joined me on the adventure!  Hope to see you and your little one at Storytime!

Miss Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment