Friday, November 16, 2018

Teen Poetry Happens Expounds On "Why Be Creative?"

I love Alexander County Library's creative teens and their dedication to the arts. Here is the compiled poem from the first official meeting of the club on October 9, 2018 at 16/90 T'ville Scoops.

The poem will be included in the 10 Anniversary edition of The Alexander Muse which debuts in April 2019. For submission guidelines, visit https://thealexandermuse.blogspot.com/p/the-alexander-muse-submission-guidelines.html . The magazine is open to all Alexander County high school students regardless of educational institution.



"Why Teen Poetry Happens?" by TPH Teens 2018/19

It is where pens click, pencils drop, and papers fly -
drawing, writing, singing or dancing.
Maybe you don’t know where you’ll be tomorrow,
I have ink within my veins and a pen upon my palm.

My life is parchment, my soul a quill,
dripping in black liquid.
I have poetry, music in the heart,
words in the air, notes on a guitar.

My feelings are as a river
flowing through and through.
Friends together, connecting with others,
lead within my bones, a pencil in my hand.

Aspirations lie within the very craft
of a word, a note, a stroke.
Let the words forever stain,
something no one can take from me.

Sometimes being lost is the best way to be,
the best way to be found.
My rhymes be sung as psalms
like I’m finally free.

Free to be myself, an escape
from my anxiety.
Let what I’ve said live on,
not just wash away as sand.

Special in so many ways than one,
a love for creativity in my chest.
So let invention begin,
let me bring forth my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment