Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blue's Comfort

Many folks know I absolutely love the novel, BLUE, by Joyce M. Hostetter. I was even inspired to write a song based on Mrs. Hostetter's beautiful imagery in Chapter 19, "The Bottle Collection".

The main character (and I mean that literally) is Ann Fay Honeycutt. She has a wonderful voice and lots of spunk to spare - even when tragedy befalls her.

So when I finally got my hands on Comfort - the sequel to BLUE - I literally prayed that Ann Fay would stay intact as a character. I was rewarded! Comfort is every bit as enjoyable as its predecessor and it is because Ann Fay still tells the story with her down to earth, "tell it like it is" sensibility. Come to the library and check it out!

And...

Yes, folks, it is that time of year! Time to think about summer reading - and I give plenty to think about! Read all about it on my library web page and check out the calendar. There's something for every age group. http://www.alexanderlibrary.org/kids.htm

My "What Series Do You Love Best?" poll held no surprise. Twilight won. If anyone has a good idea for a poll, please let me know. I LOVE making those things.

Finally, thank you for your comments, Derek, about The Graveyard Book. I'm glad you enjoyed it, too. It is a very intriguing book.

Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Thanks, Ms. Mel for liking Comfort and spreading the word!

    I hope you enjoy the summer reading program.

    ReplyDelete