Saturday, October 10, 2009

Apples of October

Hi Everyone!

Happy October! It's my favorite month of the year. My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on the 1st and TWO of my YAYAs had birthdays on that day. Isn't that cool?

It is also the month of the Taylorsville Apple Festival (October 17th) and my apple storytime week. Fun! Fun! Mr. John Roberson of Roberson Apple Orchard always brings us several varieties of apples for the children to sample at storytime. I can never thank him enough for doing that. The apple storytimes will be on Tuesday, October 13 and on Friday, October 16 beginning at 10 am.

For the Apple Festival, yours truly will be hosting on the Youth Stage all day, so come on by and see all the wonderful acts we will have. My band, The Bookworms, will be on the Youth Stage at 1:10 pm for a rollicking good time! The Apple Festival goes from 9 am to 5 pm in downtown Taylorsville.

I love a parade and our annual Preschool Halloween parade is not one to miss! We will begin at the library at 10 am and then parade through town collecting goodies at the Tax Office, the Register of Deeds, the Sheriff's Dept, the Clerk of Court office, and The Taylorsville Times. The date is Tuesday, October 27. I want to thank all of the wonderful offices for their willingness to let us parade through to show off our finery.

There are a couple of teen programs this month, too! I'll blog about those a little later on.

Have a great weekend!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment