Monday, January 24, 2011

Just Think What You Can Do!

Hi All!

As you may be aware, I presented a PowerPoint to the county commissioners back in November. In it, I highlighted what I got from my excellent trip to Denver in October. The national conference I attended was for the Association of Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL).

In the PowerPoint, I pointed out that the glaring thing I learned, through the many workshops and breakout sessions I attended, was that GREAT THINGS can come from anywhere. I urged our citizens to embrace technology (which really does make the world small now) and CREATE!!!!!! - And, of course, your Alexander County Library will always be glad to help one do just that.

I am on a listserv for ARSL and this little nugget came across on Friday. I thought I would share it. It's about an 8th grader from a rural area of Utah who designed an app for the I-Phone. And he used his local library for help to do it!

Simply paste this link this into your browser.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70J05W20110120

That is so cool!

Have a great day and CREATE!!!

Mel

2 comments:

  1. Astounding! Kudos to libraries as places to work and dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like the working part! If you can call it that...:)

    ReplyDelete